General ICT Help
Access staff email off campus using Outlook Anywhere
|Access email off campus||Using Outlook 2010||Bulk mailings|
|Access on mobiles and other devices||Using Outlook Web App||Staff email|
|Forward your email||Email and security advice|
As an alternative to using Outlook Web App (OWA), you can use Outlook Anywhere to access your email off campus, You need to have been upgraded to Exchange 2010 and have Outlook 2010 installed on your computer. This is part of the Office 2010 suite, which you can get at a discount as a member of staff.
Outlook Anywhere has some advantages over OWA as follows:
- It looks exactly the same as when you use Outlook 2010 at the University.
- The address book functionality is better.
- Your rules should work as they do when you're using your University computer.
- A few features are not available in OWA, such as voting buttons and group schedule view.
To set up Outlook Anywhere
Open Outlook 2010
If it's the first time you've used it, you'll see the following screen:
Select Next, then make sure Yes is selected and Next again.
Enter Your Name and University Email Address as shown on the screen below. Your password is your University IT Account password.
It will take a few moments while Outlook searches for the Exchange 2010 server at the University.
When the server has been found, the Windows Security window will pop up:
Select Use another account.
You'll then see a couple of boxes to enter your credentials, as illustrated below.
- Enter unv\ followed by your IT account username, usually your in-number
- Enter your IT account password
After a short delay, you should see the following screen.
When you select Finish to complete the process, Outlook should load and the contents of your mailbox will be downloaded to your computer. This may take several minutes depending on the size of your mailbox and connection speed.