General ICT Help
How to change your IT Account Password
It is important to choose a password that cannot be easily guessed, and Microsoft offers advice on choosing a strong password.
Using a computer on campus?
Standard Staff or Student Network
If you are using Windows on a secure desktop, you can change your own password by logging onto a computer with Windows and selecting the Ctrl, Alt, Del keys on the keyboard, then Change Password.
Staff using a standard University laptop can also use this method, so long as you are plugged in to the network.
If you are using the University wireless network, use the online form.
Wired Network in University Accommodation
Use the online form.
If you have problems with this, please contact the IT Service Desk on ext.2000 internally, or 01902-322000 externally.
Using a computer off campus?
If you are connected to the Internet, you can use the online form.
Services affected by the password change........
- Logging on to University Windows desktops and laptops
- Exchange/Outlook and OWA
- PebblePad e:Portfolio
- Personal File Store and Webdrive
- Shared file space on central servers (usually the I: drive)
Services NOT affected by the password change........
- Corporate Systems, such as SITS, QL, Kx, IRIS
- Shared space on local servers, (usually the I: drive or V: drive).
- You need to know your current password in order to change it. Find out what to do if you've forgotten it.
- Once you have changed your password, it will take about 10 minutes before you can log back onto a standard University computer using the new password.