The networks provide similar facilities to a home broadband connection. You can:
- Access the Web and FTP sites, IRC and other chat sites, streamed media (Windows Media Player and Real), many network games, (subject to available bandwidth), etc.
- Use your Personal Filestore to work on your files. To do this you will need some software called Webdrive, which you can install from https://homedir.wlv.ac.uk/webdrive/.
- Use University email via Outlook Web App for Staff: https://exchcas.wlv.ac.uk/owa
- Students use Live@Edu: http://www.outlook.com and Login with your Student email address and password.
- Access the WOLF on-line learning system
- Access the University's e:Portfolio - PebblePad
- Print on University Multi Function Devices (MFDs)
Things you can't do include running your own Web server, FTP server or file server, sending output to network-attached printers, running peer-to-peer file sharing, and video-conferencing with other people (e.g. via a Webcam).
Anyone using the "wolfradiolan" wireless network should be aware that anything you send or receive can be read by other users of the network. We recommend that you make use of encryption when sending any personal information. For example, never send usernames and passwords to a Web site unless the URL (in the address bar) starts "https:.