General ICT Help
Please report a faulty phone directly to Orange by calling 0800 0790158 (24x7). Orange support staff will need your mobile phone number and the IMEI number. They will perform diagnostic tests over the phone and decide what action is required. Replacement phones will be sent via courier to your nominated address, usually next day delivery.
Please note that if your handset has been discontinued, you may receive a different handset. Replacement phones can only be issued if you are still within your 2 year contract. After this period, you will need to purchase a new handset.
To obtain your IMEI number for your phone, dial *#06#
Please report a lost or stolen phone directly to Orange by calling 0800 0790158 (24x7) within 24 hours. They will need the following information:
- the mobile phone number
- the IMEI number
- the police loss or crime number
- the name of the police station
- the telephone number of the police station
Please be prepared to give detailed information about the circumstances of the loss or theft. This will assist Orange to process your claim.
- Before travelling, please contact IT Services to ensure that your phone is activated for use abroad by logging a call with the IT Service Desk on ext.2000 . Please notify IT Services as soon as you can before you plan to travel, and no later than 48 hours in advance so that we can make provisions where necessary.
- Find out if your phone will work abroad. The result will give you all the different networks available in the country you are visiting with their voice and data coverage. Please be aware that there may not be reliable services available in the country you are visiting.
- Check the prices that are likely to be incurred through phone calls, messages and data use whilst travelling.
- Keep all mobile usage to a minimum, in particular mobile data usage. Data is very expensive at £2.55 in most European zones, and £5.50 per MB outside Europe.
- You will need to register a voicemail PIN to enable you to collect answer phone messages whilst abroad. This should be done at least 24 hours before leaving the UK. Follow the instructions to set this up, (19kb ). You will be charged for voicemail calls.
- It is advisable to use Wi-Fi where possible, even if you have to purchase Wi-Fi sessions at your hotel.
- Note that calls received while abroad are also chargeable, so please make arrangements to keep these to a minimum too.
- Keep mobile data/3G switched off when you do not need it, and change “Push” email from Automatic to Manual. If you manually access email while connected to Wi-Fi, this will drastically reduce data usage and hence costs.
- There are some data bundles that can be added if you envisage using a lot of mobile data and there are also talk bundles if you need to make several calls.
Please contact IT Service Desk on ext.2000 if you would like further information on the above.
Please be aware that it will cost significantly more when travelling abroad with your mobile, especially when using the mobile data networks. This can cost up to £5.50 per MB. You are also charged to receive calls.
If any mobile lines need to be cancelled, or there are user name changes on the account, please inform the IT Service Desk on (01902) 322000, or internally on ext. 2000, so we don't incur unnecessary costs and can keep the billing accurate.
Note: IMEI = International Mobile Equipment Identity - the phone's unique identifier