General ICT Help
Help with Telephones
The University telephone system is provided and maintained by IT Services. This includes the student and staff email directory and the staff telephone directory. Below are a few links which will help you familiarise yourself with the University telephone system.
- The University Telephone Directory - direct link to the University's Telephone and Email directory.
- Dialling University Telephones - including prefixes required to dial extensions directly from outside the University.
- Ordering telephone equipment - including telephones, mobile/smartphones, answering machines and fax machines.
- How to use a CISCO IP Telephone - 7911, 7912, 7940 or 7960 series.
- Forwarding Calls on IP Telephones using the web interface.
- Using Voicemail on an IP Telephone - CISCO 7911/7912 and 7960 series.
- Setting up and using Speed Dials - CISCO 7911/7912, 7960 and 7970 series.
- Using Extension Mobility - to temporarily use another phone as if it were your own extension.
- Hunt groups and pick-up groups
- Guidance Notes for IP 7937 Conference Phone
- Booking the IP 7937 Conference Phone
- What to do if your phone is faulty
- What to do if your phone is lost or stolen
- Synchronise a Windows Mobile with a staff University email account
- Synchronise an iPhone with your staff University email account
- Synchronise an Android smartphone with your University email account
- Setting up BlackBerry Internet Service on a personal BlackBerry - instructions for staff
- Access the student email service, Live@edu, from your mobile device
- Travelling Abroad with your Mobile or Smartphone
If you have any further queries which are not addressed in these pages, please contact the IT Service Desk on ext. 2000 internally or (01902) 322000 externally.